Do you love pizza? Have you ever dreamed of owning a large commercial pizza oven for your restaurant or business? If so, keep reading to find out how.
The market is full of high-quality commercial ovens on the market today. Many factors come into play when choosing which one will be right for your needs. The first thing to consider is what type of pizza you plan on serving in your establishment and who it is geared towards (i.e., children’s menu, vegetarian, etc.).
Next, size should be considered because some models can fit in tight spaces while others need plenty of room around them to function properly. Finally, the budget will also come into play with these pieces of equipment.
The pizza oven is a large commercial machine that cooks pizzas at a high temperature. In the past, these machines were typically found in restaurants and pizzerias without home gas lines. Today, those with outdoor kitchens or those who live in apartments can enjoy the benefits of an oven for their pies.
Pizza ovens are usually made of brick to retain heat and provide even cooking. The large commercial pizza oven can be used for more than just pizzas, as it can cook many different types of food such as chicken, vegetables, and desserts. The inside of the oven is heated by natural gas or propane fuel.
There are a variety of sizes available for this type of oven, with some that can fit up to 30 pizzas at once!
Pizza is a popular food that many people enjoy. Making pizza at home can be difficult, as most ovens are not designed to cook pizzas. This blog post will discuss the features of a large commercial pizza oven and why it may be worth investing in one for your kitchen.
One of the first things you should know about this type of oven is that they have two decks inside them-one deck for cooking and another deck on top where you place your ingredients before closing up the door.
The final thing to mention about this particular style of oven is its size-they can make enough dough for 50 pizzas! Not only does this offer convenience, but it also means you don’t need to buy pre-made dough or pizza crusts from a store.
Many different qualities make a pizza oven great. One of these qualities is size. A commercial pizza oven should be large enough to accommodate the needs of any business, but small enough not to take up too much space. In this blog post, we will explore some of the best options for those looking for a large commercial pizza oven and why they’re ideal for your restaurant or pizzeria!
- 1 Things to consider before purchasing a large commercial pizza oven:
- 2 The Pros and Cons of a large commercial pizza oven:
- 3 How to choose the right size of the oven for your restaurant or pizzeria?
- 4 What are the best brands of large commercial pizza oven on the market today?
- 4.1 Best Large Gas-Fired Oven: FRABO
- 4.2 Best Large Wood-Fired Oven: Magma Industries Ltd.
- 4.3 Best Large Electric Oven: American Range
- 4.4 Best Large Deck Oven: Vulcan
- 4.5 Best Large Conveyor Oven: Henny Penny
- 4.6 Best Large Modular Oven: Mezzalira
- 4.7 Best Choice Award (Large) Winner: Vulcan Range Corporation
- 5 A list of must-haves for any large commercial pizza oven:
- 6 FAQs about large commercial pizza ovens:
- 7 Conclusion:
Things to consider before purchasing a large commercial pizza oven:
– Large ovens are much larger than large home pizza ovens. Make sure you have enough space in your kitchen to fit the large commercial pizza oven.
– Large commercial pizza ovens can get very hot, make sure there is no combustible material above the large commercial pizza oven, and that it will not be located near any kind of flammable material or anything that could catch fire if hot enough.
– Large concrete countertops are extremely heated conductive. For best results, place a large steel sheet between the large concrete countertop and the large commercial pizza oven to minimize heat conduction from the top of the large commercial pizza oven down to where it’s mounted on top of, usually directly onto a heavy-duty 1/2″ thick large steel plate.
– Large commercial pizza ovens can be very heavy, make sure you have proper flooring to support the large commercial pizza oven before purchasing one. Most large home pizza ovens are built on top of a large wood platform because it easily supports most large commercial pizza oven weight with little to no deflection.
– If it’s not mounted on a large wood platform expect at least 1/2″ deflection from rubber feet alone if only mounted directly onto your large concrete countertop.
– Large commercial gas-fired large home pizza ovens can take up to 3 full minutes just to get fully hot enough to ignite the flame in larger even heaters, while smaller ones have been known to reach high temps within 30 seconds or less.
– Large commercial large home pizza ovens take time to heat up and cool down, once they reach their max hot temperature it’s usually 3 minutes before they go back down below the ignition point again. Make sure you have at least 12″ clearance around the large commercial large home pizza oven for air intake and exhaust or you could run into issues with overheating and flameouts. (This applies only to large gas-fired large commercial large home pizza ovens)
– Many large commercial large home pizza ovens feature a brick floor that is flush with the steel deck surrounding it on large industrial heavy-duty carts or stands that can easily support several thousand pounds of weight when properly mounted on a heavy steel plate platform.
– Don’t try mounting your large commercial large home large industrial pizza oven directly onto a large wood platform or large steel plate without proper support, because the large industrial stand will collapse under extended load.
– Large industrial carts and stands used for mounting large commercial large home pizza ovens are not typically included in the prices of large commercial large home pizza oven kits. This is since different manufacturers use different kinds of industrial carts and stands depending on their location in the world, so using one cart from another manufacturer might not be safe to use with your particular brand of the large commercial large home pizza oven. Always check your manufacturer’s specifications before buying a cart or stand for a large commercial large home pizza oven kit.
– Some brands of large industrial carts and stands sold online can take weeks or months to arrive depending on your location, the large industrial large home large commercial pizza oven manufacturer’s location, and which large commercial large home large industrial large pizza oven cart or stand you bought. So make sure you buy one early enough before you want it that it will be delivered in time for your large commercial large home pizza oven kit.
– You can technically use any kind of large industrial carts and stands with your brand of large commercial pizza oven kits as long as it’s rated to support the size of oven you’re getting. But you need to understand that some carts might not be real steel but instead, cheap knockoffs made out of aluminum which due to its lower weight capacity can run into issues even when supporting less than half the weight of a real large commercial large home large industrial large pizza oven.
– Large commercial large home large industrial large pizza ovens come in a variety of different sizes and shapes, from small conveyor belt style to the larger deck oven style. It all depends on what you need for your business or kitchen.
– Remember that the bigger large commercial large home large industrial large pizza ovens take longer to heat up and down than smaller ones due to their sheer size from using thicker steel.
– Some brands of large commercial large home large industrial pizza oven kits have been known to be completely incompatible with other brands because lately many manufacturers have been cutting corners by making their carts and stand with cheaper materials, which can result in sagging issues when really overloaded or even collapse under extended use.
– Unless you’re a large commercial large home large industrial large pizza oven manufacturer it’s almost impossible to tell if a large commercial large home large industrial large pizza oven kit is going to work with another brand without testing it first.
The Pros and Cons of a large commercial pizza oven:
Commercial ovens are large. If you plan on baking a lot of pizzas, this is important because it means you can make more at one time.
These ovens are “set it and forget it”. Once the temperature is set, these ovens maintain +/- 5°F or better of that setting without any work on your part. This makes for very easy use if you’re back-of-house staff has ever had to deal with using a wood-fired brick oven on top of all their other duties throughout the day.
You can just set the temperature then go about your business while they bake pizza after pizza effortlessly.
A commercial pizza oven will hold its temperature longer than most home gas-fired ovens will. For a home oven, one of the most difficult things to do is to keep a gas fire going for more than a couple of hours without the use of some sort of device. Commercial wood-fired ovens have powerful gas burners and can go days at a time with no attention from you.
This makes them great for catering events or pizza parties in your backyard where you need an oven that won’t shut down after just 1 or 2 pizzas.
You’ll also get better heat retention than many home-built brick ovens can achieve which means your pizzas will cook faster compared to other traditional methods like baking in preheated Cast Iron Dutch Ovens!
Commercial oven builders are often very passionate about their craft. You’ll find that most builders of commercial ovens care about their work and will be much more helpful than someone who builds a home oven.
If you’re starting in the world of wood-fired pizzas, it’s much easier to feel like you’ve “made it” if your pie goes into a commercial pizza oven (and this is one reason why many people build their brick ovens). The large size and sturdy construction make them look very serious as well as they last longer.
Commercial pizza ovens aren’t cheap. When you buy used equipment such as these, there’s usually no warranty or guarantee (even if they have been serviced recently). You often won’t get any help from the seller should something go wrong either.
These ovens are large and heavy (with the largest examples weighing over 10,000 pounds). You’ll need to make sure you have enough space to store it when it’s not in use or that you rent out a commercial kitchen if it’s too large for your garage. Also, keep in mind that these ovens can be very expensive to ship (which will usually cost more than the price of the oven itself).
The best commercial pizza ovens take years of work before they’re ready to fire up. They must season which is done by baking cheap pizzas until the insides of the oven are covered in ashes. This burns off any paint on the inside of the oven so bear in that if yours has been painted, it will burn off.
After the initial seasoning, you have to bake pizzas every few weeks to keep them seasoned. This is a time-consuming process that’s often not possible for someone who has just started making pizzas at home or for someone who is running a small restaurant and can’t spare the oven space for too long without everything else suffers.
Large commercial pizza ovens are expensive compared to other options. The cheapest wood-fired brick ovens cost around $1,000 which won’t turn out very good pizzas but are better than none at all. Commercial pizza ovens start at over $10,000 with some topping out north of $50,000!
Many people believe that large commercial pizza ovens aren’t as consistent as other options. It often takes time to get the hang of baking in a commercial oven, but once you do I think you’ll find that they are just as consistent within their temp range if not more because you’re baking with big commercial heat!
Large commercial pizza ovens are usually made from steel which rusts. They rust less when fired up for short periods compared to leaving them empty or used infrequently. This is another reason why it’s important to season your oven before using it if it has been sitting around for a while.
Another thing to keep in mind about buying used equipment is that many times these items won’t come with anything other than an instruction manual or diagrams on how to assemble the parts (if even that). You’ll usually have to order the hardware separately, and many times these parts won’t be available anymore (or they’re not made as well).
For most people, used large commercial pizza ovens will always be out of their price range. The cheapest ones start at about $10k which is often more than people want to spend or can afford for baking pizzas. Home-built alternatives like our Uuni 2+ ($499) are a fraction of the cost and gives you better results!
The best deals on used equipment come from restaurants that are closing down, moving locations, or transitioning into other types of foodservice (such as cafes since it’s easier to make money with sandwiches than by selling pizza).
How to choose the right size of the oven for your restaurant or pizzeria?
The dimensions of large commercial pizza ovens: top and bottom chamber height and width, as well as door opening width and depth and the size of the oven chamber and where you plan to place it. If the oven is to be installed at an ambient temperature over 40° C (104F) measure ceiling height.
If you want to install an external countertop for take-away apply an additional 100 mm around the entire perimeter.
All elements such as top thermocouple probe or bottom thermocouple probe (with fan), fresh air vent with damper , flue exhaust pipe elbow, chimney flue connector etc will add up to overall height dimension. For example if your ceiling is 2400mm high and 400mm wide flange is required, than your final commercial pizza oven height will be 2520mm (2400+400+400).
Next important consideration is the width of large commercial pizza oven. For example if you plan to place the commercial pizza oven under your countertop make sure that the opening width of the door does not exceed 900 mm (36 inches) or it can overlap with elements inside your kitchen like countertops etc.
If you plan to install an external take-away counter top next to it on the wall make sure that door opening depth is not less than 800 mm (32 inches), also check backdraft damper clearance.
The size of large commercial pizza oven chamber determines or more ingredients can fit in at once while cooking . Measure length, width and height of your pizza compartment. Commercial pizza oven chamber size is usually mentioned in product specification.
On the other hand large commercial pizza ovens are made to fit standard sheet sizes . For example if you order a counter top make sure that it is not larger than 1250mm (L) X 915mm (W).
Depth (or thickness) of large commercial pizza oven chamber wall is sometimes not mentioned on product page but it is also important element. The more thick the pizza oven chamber, the more heat can be stored inside and during some period of time temperature inside will remain higher than surrounding environment outside the chamber.
A thicker walled oven heats faster but requires longer maturation of dough before adding ingredients for toppings or further cooking.
Standard thickness of commercial pizza oven chamber wall is 20-25mm (0.8-1 inch) but you can also order thicker ones or even have the pizza oven with double walls for more heat insulation and better temperature control inside the oven.
Be careful if you intend to buy a commercial electric high temperature large size oven as most manufacturers do not recommend operating them at a temperature exceeding 280°C or 572F due to electrical heating element limitation or thermal overload protection system.
In this case it is advisable to place industrial industrial convection style large pizza oven, which is gas fired and has electronic temperature controls.
Other important factors when choosing a large commercial pizza oven are: location where the unit will be installed (indoor/outdoor), electrical supply required and last but not least, the type of pizza you plan to cook.
As a rule: Electric large commercial pizza ovens are more suitable for small pizzerias or take-away shops as they require 240 V supply. Gas fired large size ovens will perform better in large restaurant kitchens as they need natural gas line supply.
It is possible to install outdoor gas commercial pizza oven on your patio or even poolside but it requires higher level of safety certifications from all parties involved (manufacturer, installer, utility company) because of flammable nature of natural propane gas.
If you intend to bake traditional Italian style thin crust pizza choose a high quality countertop or semi-outdoor electric pizza oven. For more American style pizzas ordered by customers choose gas fired countertop or free standing commercial pizza oven with large size chamber of at least 1,5 m2 (16 sq ft).
This will ensure that your toppings are being added on ingredients placed inside the oven before cooking, not vice versa.
What are the best brands of large commercial pizza oven on the market today?
Pizza ovens are becoming more and more popular for commercial establishments. With their sleek, modern designs, it is easy to see why so many restaurants are choosing them as an alternative to traditional brick-oven cooking techniques.
For the past few years, Pizza Expo has hosted a celebration of pizza equipment at its annual International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada. Each year restaurateurs from all over the world flock to this event to discover new products that will help them grow their businesses.
To prepare for this year’s show, we spent hours analyzing data on pizza oven manufacturers, upcoming trends in the industry, and our exhibitors’ preferences for various types of fuels and materials used in construction. We also asked pizzeria owners to share their experiences with commercial ovens and what they look for in a quality large pizza oven.
Based on the information we gathered, we’ve come up with our list of the best brands of large commercial pizza oven that were showcased at this year’s Pizza Expo:
Best Large Gas-Fired Oven: FRABO
As one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of commercial baking equipment, it is no wonder that FRABO has been recognized as a top contender in producing high-quality gas fired ovens. With its range of products for both small and big operations, there are specialized models available to suit each pizzeria’s specific needs.
Among these are stainless steel countertop pizza oven models ranging from 30 to 60 inches, and large floor-standing models with various interior sizes.
Best Large Wood-Fired Oven: Magma Industries Ltd.
Magma is known as one of the top manufacturers around when it comes to traditional coal or wood fired pizza ovens. With a focus on creating well insulated cook chambers, this company has become a favorite amongst pizzeria owners searching for a high performance, energy efficient pizza oven that can be used under everyday conditions.
Unlike similar ovens on the market today, Magma’s products are easy to ignite and maintain at low temperatures required for cooking Neapolitan style pizzas.
Best Large Electric Oven: American Range
Based in New York, American Range manufactures a full line of restaurant equipment including large commercial ovens, ranges and hoods to meet the needs of all pizzeria operators. Gaining recognition for its focus on design and functionality, it has been named one of the top commercial kitchen brands worldwide.
Its sleek appearance makes it a perfect addition to any contemporary business that is striving to stand out from the competition. Moreover, with an infinite heat control system available in some models, pizzerias can provide their customers with a consistent crisp crust along with perfectly charred toppings.
Best Large Deck Oven: Vulcan
With its efficient self-cleaning technology, energy efficient gas burners and faster baking times than most conventional models, the Vulcan line of large deck ovens is a perfect choice for any pizzeria that relies on speed and high volume.
Another unique feature that sets them apart from other commercial oven brands is its ability to cook on both sides at once, which allows pizzerias to hold twice as many pizzas in their kitchen without compromising quality.
Best Large Conveyor Oven: Henny Penny
In addition to offering a complete range of products dedicated to food processing jobs such as frying or conveying, Henny Penny has been a leader in the design and manufacture of pizza oven conveyors since 1964.
Its compact size and innovative design makes it an attractive option for any restaurant searching for a space-saving solution while still being able to produce the amount of pizzas needed to keep up with its ever-increasing customer base.
Best Large Modular Oven: Mezzalira
Based in Canada, Mezzalira is known for its high-performance ovens, including large commercial pizza oven that are designed to meet the needs of all types of commercial kitchens. With models ranging from small portable units ideal for restaurants on the go or limited space to the more versatile medium-sized ones, this company has developed products capable of producing crisp crust pies in a fast and efficient manner. A unique feature present in some models is the interchangeable cooking decks which allow chefs to cook focaccia bread or bake cakes without too much hassle.
Best Choice Award (Large) Winner: Vulcan Range Corporation
Vulcan products gain recognition for their speed, consistent baking times and efficiency. With its wide range of large commercial pizza ovens such as countertop ovens to conveyor pizza ovens, there is sure to be a product available that can meet the needs of any pizzeria.
A list of must-haves for any large commercial pizza oven:
FAQs about large commercial pizza ovens:
Do commercial pizza ovens need extraction?
A gas oven can be a great way to make pizzas, but it needs the right equipment to do so. If you’re in Britain and plan on using one for cooking food with unleaded fuel (or other alternative fuels), then remember that they will need overhead extraction as well as having their own interlock system attached before operation begins- otherwise there’s no guarantee what might happen if something goes wrong!
Does a pizza oven need to be vented?
A pizza oven needs to be vented in order for it operate efficiently and safely. The smoke from a brick-style or wood fired cooking device can taint your food, so you want remove that as well! Venting also helps maintain an even temperature inside the chimney while burning fuel by removing excess hot air before combustion occurs within its confines
What is the best shape for a pizza oven?
A dome-shaped pizza oven has better heat efficiency from evenly reflected heat and hot air flow. This gives a hotter, more enjoyable experience with less cool spots! In this article we’ll take an in depth look at how they work as well why the best design is still important today.
What is the ideal height for a pizza oven?
The perfect height for an oven is determined by your personal preference. If you follow the dimensions of a 6cm-oven cooking floor, which has been added to your base at 110cm from ground level and 175 cm tall people who are operators about 170/175 centimeters tall will be able operate with ease.
How thick should a concrete slab be for a pizza oven?
A reinforced concrete foundation is a must for your oven stand. It should be at least 112 millimeters thick to ensure that it stands up against possible earthquakes in the area, and this type of construction will also save you from costly repairs down the road!
When it comes to the cost of a large commercial pizza oven or small, there are many factors that come into play. How much space you have for an oven in your kitchen is one consideration because if you don’t have enough room then finding another place like outside for your large commercial pizza oven may be necessary.
The quality of the large commercial pizza oven you choose has a significant impact on your bottom line. If you are looking for an efficient, high-quality large commercial pizza oven that can help grow your business and meet all of your needs, then consider investing in one of the mentioned large commercial pizza ovens!
These models provide both home cooks and restaurant owners with benefits including increased production rates, more consistent cooking temperatures, reduced energy costs, higher output capacity per square foot than other types of ovens – plus they look great too!
The list offers many different sizes of the large commercial pizza oven to suit any size kitchen or space available so don’t hesitate to contact us today if you have questions about these amazing products. What do you think? Have we convinced you yet?