Cafepress is a massive online retailer that allows anyone to create custom apparel and other products, but is it safe to use their services?
We have created this guide for you so you can learn all about the company. If you are looking for an easy way to sell your own designs or just want some new merchandise, then read on! Here we will discuss everything from how they got started, what kind of items they offer, how much money people make selling with them and more. Everything you need to know about the business model here in one place.
- 1 Is Cafepress legit?
- 2 What is Cafepress?
- 3 Is Cafepress safe?
- 4 Products offered
- 5 Cafepress – for Sellers
- 6 Cafepress – for Buyers
- 7 What are the pros and cons of buying clothes from cafepress?
- 8 Customer Support
- 9 Complaints
- 10 Would you recommend cafepress to other people?
- 11 FAQs about Is cafepress legit
Is Cafepress legit?
Cafepress is a legit company. They make custom products and people can start their own online stores on the Cafepress platform.
Our first check of a genuine online platform is its legal status. After all, if you’re not operating within the law then your service might as well be illegal! Thankfully for us shoppers out there that doesn’t seem too likely with this website being operated by one company
Cafepress inc, who are 100% licensed and operate from US soil just like any other legitimate business would do so themselves without fear of authorities turning their backs on them because they don’t fit into society’s ideal moulds or expectations which has been proved time after again over recent years when proven guilty in courtrooms around America
You can check for yourself by looking at their website. The platform is visible and has industry-wide recognition because it operates in the light, unlike other shady stores that exist off of radar .
It also ticks this box – there’s no need to worry about them being “invisible”.
Cafepress is one of the most trusted online retailers in America. Not only does it have over 3 million satisfied customers, but Cafepress also has signed many strategic partnerships with big businesses to provide licensed contents on their websites
It’s ultimate check of legitimacy comes from fulfilling orders and this company sticks to its word with 99% success rate for customer satisfaction!
The independent customers’ review platforms abound with real people who placed orders and got delivery of products they were satisfied with.
What is Cafepress?
Cafepress is an online retail business that allows people to create and sell custom products like t-shirts, mugs, posters etc.
Cafepress was launched in 1999 by Fred Durham and Duke Collins. Cafepress is a wholly owned subsidiary of the e-commerce company,
Overstock.com Inc. Overstock bought out cafepress for $20 million in cash and 540,000 shares of stock. Jim and Jason of the TV show Shark Tank invested $150,000 in cafepress.
Cafepress has seen a steady decline since 2012. Their revenue is less than half of what it was in 2012 resulting in layoffs and office closures.
Is Cafepress safe?
There are no published reports of people having their identities stolen after making purchases from cafepress.
However, there are numerous complaints about the poor customer service of cafepress.
Cafepress has been sued on several occasions for breaching privacy laws and overcharging customers.
Cafepress has signed partnership agreements with big companies like Disney, HP and NFL.
These agencies verify the quality of products sold on cafepress which is not the case with other online stores.
If you are buying t-shirts to resell them on eBay, cafepress is a safe bet.
Cafepress offers t-shirts, mugs, posters, bags, hats etc.
You can customize your products by adding text, images or designs.
Cafepress – for Sellers
There is no minimum order size and you can start with one product.
Cafepress offers a wide range of products. Merchandise from overstock companies is also sold through the cafepress website.
Listing items for sale on cafepress is free.
Being a seller on Cafepress is all about having designs that you’ll want to monetize. You can either create the original artwork, or have someone else do it for you and make your products available in stores around the world!
When you sign up as a seller, cafepress allows you to make your own online storefront. This is great for those that have a large amount of original content.
You can list your products in one of two ways – create an online store or copy the html code provided by cafepress and embed it on your website. You can set your own price for your products.
You have the option of shipping all the products in one package or sending them individually.
Pricing and Earning Potential
The minimum price for a t-shirt sold through cafepress is 10 bucks. Other products have lower prices. For example, the minimum price for a mug is $8.75. The price of your customized products depends on factors like the quantity you order and the material used to make them. Once you list your product, it will be available for sale for a certain duration of time unless you choose to remove it earlier.
You have earned 100% of the selling price.
Cafepress’ commission is deducted from your earnings. Selling on cafepress is free. You pay nothing to set up an online store on the website. The fee for using cafepress’ storefronts is just 25 cents per item. Earnings from cafepress will depend on the quality and uniqueness of your designs, customer service and ability to handle orders quickly and efficiently.
Cafepress payments are usually sent via Paypal within 24 hours of an order being placed.
You do not receive payment until the customer receives their product.
- Cafepress is a great way to start your own business.
- You can also buy products from cafepress and sell them on eBay.
- You have complete control over how much you want to sell your products for.
- This also helps you avoid being exploited by middlemen.
- If you’re a skilled designer, cafepress is an easy way to make money.
- Cafepress attracts plenty of customers because of the products they carry.
- You are paid only after you have delivered your product to the customer. This means that it takes time for your money to be released.
- You are at the mercy of cafepress’ shipping times. Shipping time varies from one day to a couple of weeks.
- There are several complaints about the poor customer service of cafepress. Ordering processes can also be tedious and time-consuming if you are used to buying merchandise online.
- Customers have complained that after receiving the products they ordered, they found them to be of poor quality.
Cafepress – for Buyers
You can browse through cafepress’ large inventory of products via an interactive catalogue. You can filter your search by style, color, size etc.
Cafepress offers a large selection of products to choose from, catering for individuals and businesses alike. You can even get custom-made merchandise for your clients.
There are over three million products on the cafepress website. The site features several different categories of products including T-Shirts, Mugs, Drinkware, Posters, Dresses and more.
You will receive your order within 24 to 48 hours of the order being placed and paid for.
You also get to choose from a range of shipping options like standard, priority and express.
If you don’t like your product
Cafepress offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
You just have to return the product within 30 days of receiving it and then cafepress will refund your money in full.
Return and Exchanges are Free!
You have the option of paying for an upgrade to your shipping. You can do so by selecting one of cafepress’ shipping upgrades.
Cafepress’ shipping upgrades offer reliable shipping that is much faster than standard shipments. Some options include rush processing, guaranteed delivery dates and more.
- You will not have to pay any additional fees during or after the checkout process.
- Cafepress’ prices are affordable. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on custom-made products.
- Cafepress’ products are delivered right to your doorstep.
- The site is easy to navigate. Customer service is also available over the phone if you need assistance with your order.
- You cannot choose your own product’s design or material.
- The quality of cafepress’ products has been questioned by some customers. Others complain that certain products take long to arrive.
What are the pros and cons of buying clothes from cafepress?
- Cafepress has a wide variety of products to choose from. They have more than 25,000 designs and styles of shirts, sweatshirts, posters etc.
- They offer coupons and deals on their products.
- You can start your own online store on the cafepress platform.
- Cafepress usually ships products within 24 hours.
- The quality of the t-shirt and other products is not as good as products sold on zazzle.com.
- Pricing of the shirts is higher than on zazzle.com.
- Cafepress customer service is very poor and their focus is on cutting costs rather than increasing revenues.
- Cafepress has laid off many employees and is closing offices.
- The founders of cafepress have been involved in lawsuits filed by investors. Courts have ruled against the cafepress founders in various cases of fraud, theft and abuse of power.
- Cafepress has lost a significant portion of its affiliate marketers. This is because of poor customer service and low commission payouts.
- More people are switching away from cafepress to niche market stores such as zazzle.com and society6.com because these sites have a better design interface, more products and better customer service.
You can contact cafepress via telephone, email or even fax. They have a wide range of support to make your shopping experience as convenient as possible.
They also have a FAQ section on their website where you can find answers to most of your questions about products and placing orders.
Complaints have been lodged regarding poor customer service and missing merchandise. These complaints include orders that were never delivered, late deliveries and a lack of communication between cafepress and their customers.
Sometimes these issues can be resolved by giving the customer service department a chance to sort the issue out. There is also plenty of information on the cafepress website to help you out.
Cafepress has been criticized for the quality of their products. Some customers have complained that they received damaged or defective merchandise, while others say the products are not durable.
As with every company, cafepress has some dissatisfied customers who are not happy with the service they have received.
If you are considering using cafepress, make sure to read as many reviews as possible from previous customers.
Would you recommend cafepress to other people?
I would recommend cafepress to other people because it is easy and hassle free. There are also a lot of products to choose from and I think the prices are reasonable.
I find cafepress to be a trustworthy company, they have good customer service and reliable shipping methods.
I would not recommend cafepress because their products are of poor quality. The material used for the merchandise is cheap, the print jobs are sloppy and some items are shipped in poor packaging.
Customers have also complained about late delivery and the lack of resolution to problems or complaints once they have been lodged by the customer.
FAQs about Is cafepress legit
1. Is CafePress completely free?
No. CafePress is a service that charges a fee to print your designs on items and have them shipped to you, but they also offer free accounts.
2. What happened to CafePress?
CafePress was purchased by private equity firm Soverain Software back in 2006. CafePress is the 3rd largest store on Yahoo!.
Cafepress is a website that specializes in printing personalized clothes and other items. It’s easy to get started with just about any design or product idea you have, but be careful when it comes time to order because the shipping costs are expensive if your package weighs more than one pound. Hope this information useful for you.